You can’t be alone, especially alone and attractive, without some guy trying to hit on you.
Why is that necessary? Why can’t someone enjoy her time in a park reading a book without some guy trying to introduce himself to her? It’s a intrusive act that’s not, and is never, called for.
"You got a boyfriend?" Some guy straight up asked me after I gave him a leftover pack of Newports I had. "Yes" I said. It was true, but had it not been I would not have even considered the thought of being with him?? I was trying to get rid of a pack of cigarettes and save this guy a friggin buck, and that is the first question he jumps to?? Do not confuse my kind gestures with being interested. I’m simply being a kind person, and you are only disappointing yourself. When all you see is the pretty face and not the gesture itself. It’s kind of insulting.
No, very insulting.
And when you meet a guy who seems nice, you have to question their motives for being so nice to you. You can never tell if they genuinely like you as a person or if they want to get to know you so they can be closer to sleeping with you.
I know I’m pretty. It’s an advantage in this society to be pretty. But I don’t want that to define me, and this is where I want to hermit myself more than go out because they (they meaning men, usually) are usually only going to see me as just that.
A pretty girl. She’s probably obsessed with how she looks. She’s probably manipulative because she’s so pretty. She’s probably got a boyfriend.
As a person who views other people as who they are, people, this sucks.
My response to #microaggression : shape a cake of frosting, menthol tobacco and saltines and give it to the microaggressor.
More info and pics about the piece here:
#ceciliairaida #artistsofinstagram #sculpture #alwaysforgiveneverforget
The sky. Right now. is unreal.
- other country: wow we solved drug crimes by doing this and the problem is practically completely resolved
- america: there is just no stopping the war on drugs........
- other country: we have the most successful schools because we implement these rules to encourage real learning
- america: no hope....... kids just cant cut it anymore........
- other country: gun related crime is all but non existent thanks to our restrictions
- america: wow..... if only there was some way to stop these shootings before they happened..............
- other country: nothing bad has happened as a result of our equal marriage/bathroom laws for lgbt
- america: if only there was a way.............................
we need to talk about desirability because it endangers our lives. we need to talk about how we feel ugly and hideous and so unfuckable/undateable and how that pushes us to accept the scraps of crumbs off people’s laps. how someone’s flirting makes us feel special, and…